Ocean Park Sewer Upgrade
The Ocean Park Sewer is a large pipe that carries wastewater collected from the Cities of Surrey and White Rock to the Annacis Island Wastewater Treatment Plant in Delta, BC. To increase the reliability of this sewer and ensure continued protection of public health and the environment, Metro Vancouver is upgrading the existing pipe using trenchless and open-cut construction methods.
In order to accommodate trenchless and open-cut construction on the existing sewer, the wastewater needed to be temporarily bypassed around the work locations, without disrupting the residential neighbourhood.
- 4 separate engineered bypass stations with a peak of 360 L/s at the largest station.
- Station 1: Primary and standby 12” sound attenuated diesel transfers, fusing of over 950ft of 12” HDPE, 2 x 12” road crossings.
- Station 2 & 3: Primary and standby 6” sound attenuated diesels.
- Station 4: 3” submersible grinder pumps.
- Additional sound attenuation for 12” and 6” diesel pumps.
- 24/7 monitoring.
- Full redundancy.