Dawson Road Relining
Insituform was selected by the city of Winnipeg to perform the relining of a large diameter sanitary sewer main. Based on the history of local work done together, Insituform asked Stormtec to accompany them to Winnipeg as their bypass contractor of choice.
The large sewer main is what’s known as ‘non-circular’, in this case an egg shape, which makes it extremely difficult to install isolation equipment to contain the fluid and create adequate capacity for pumping.
- High flow submersible pumps were assembled inside the isolated pipe and installed in staggered positions.
- A custom isolation was developed and installed in place of a standard pneumatic pipe plug.
- Operated 2 systems running parallel to each other for redundant best-practice.
- Quick, professional, rig-in and rig-out came in under budget and cost savings were passed on to the client.
- Worked with local contractors to provide security support to the project during off hours.